TM2 Productions

Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Resolution Will Be Televised

Allow me to describe the year 2006 in 5 words:

"Donkey Ass F*** Balls Ass"

Ok, not necessarily the best choice of words, but reflective nonetheless. And of course it comes as no surprise that on the very last night of the Year of Teh Sux that I'm home sick with a sore throat instead of bowling or drinking with strangers. In the course of 12 months I went from college student to college graduate to "unemployed but not single" to "part-time employed and single", and now at my current status of "part-time employed but stuff on the side, and single". 2006 would have to go down in Comic Book Guy terms as the WORST. YEAR. EVER. So much happened where I felt isolated and left out from the people I knew from college and even around here that at times lead to some fairly hairy situations.

But, you're not my therapist and I'm not paying you to be one either, so let's move to another topic.

The whole point of New Year's Resolutions is for people to make outrageous goals in an effort to become a better person. Losing weight, quitting smoking, and other health-related items don't work. For example, last year's NYR was to give up caffiene, no doubt broken 4 days later. I say instead of making one large resolution, break it into smaller goals. Or even better, make a goal you KNOW you can achieve.

Which leads me to my New Year's Resolution. With that, I'll need some help from the Bootsy Collins "Keep That Funk Alive" commercial from a few year's ago:



Explanations warranted:

"The 5-79 Record": Gary's current state of video production
"Couple of Key Trades": Acquiring a firewire card for the computer and Sony Vegas (which is a manbeast)
"and we got the funk": the motivation to do more videos
"Vince Carter in a fur coat": Vince Carter in a fur coat

If I'm going to be working in the field of video production then I would be better off getting some experience with this and this is about as close as I can get. Let's hope 2007 kicks 2006 square in the nardsack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home