TM2 Productions

Thursday, August 18, 2005

It was the best of rounds, it was the worst of rounds.

Let's put things into perspective.

About a month ago in a golf outing with Reedy I shot a personal best at Twin Lakes, a +7. I ended up routing Reedy that day by 12 shots.

Now let's fast forward to today's round, this time add 14 extra shots to my score, lost 4 balls, break a 4 iron over a tree, and rip your golf glove. Amazingly I wasn't kicked out for my Macenroe-like antics.

Today after coming off of the best round of golf ever was the worst round of golf ever, shooting a personal worst +21. Reedy won by 6 shots, the first time I've lost to Reedy ever and the first time I've lost period since 2001, when dad beat me during a late game.

As to what exactly happened, I can attribute it to the fact that pretty much my mind was focused on sleeping rather than trying to put the ball in the hole. Or in play, for that matter. Man cannot golf on 7 hours of sleep while sweating like a hostage and dehydrating.

The bad round originally started on the 2nd hole, a hole I have never lost a ball on to begin with. I hit it with the heel of the club and veered into the high grass. OB. The next hole was much worse, finishing with a record high 9 after hitting one in the woods, hitting the 3rd shot into an unplayable location, and then three putting. A par the next hole, an 8 and 3rd lost ball after a bad bounce. 7th hole I hit it way left of the hole, still in play, but to release some anger I swung for the fences on the 4th ball I had and sliced it way right and into the woods, then proceeding to chuck the club in there also which wrapped around the tree. When Reedy saw the club split in two he had that classic "Oh shit, the guy's gone psycho on me (again)." look. From there on I was just concerned about putting the ball in the hole as quickly as possible timewise, not scorewise.

As for the golf glove apperently it got ripped somewhere along the way but didn't notice until after the round was over. My guess was that it got ripped with all that club chucking I did.

As for the broken 4 iron, I still have it and plan to make into a trophy for next year's taped golf outing. Put some duc tape on that to a piece of plywood, spray paint until golden, and then go nuts with an engraver, and you my friends have a trophy.

So thankfully that'll be the last bit of golfing I'll be doing for the year.

Thankfully.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home